With the Sagan Collection, we’ve developed two different personalities of Peter’s racing style and transformed them into a collection of products, Overexposed and Underexposed. The Overexposed collection highlights the “star-of-the-show” side of Peter, with loud, yet elegant, silvers with touches of rainbows. Meanwhile, the Underexposed Collection represents the reserved, “below the radar” Peter with blacks, greys, and rainbows. The S-Works Evade is Peter's favorite, so we've developed it with a design that's sure to remind you to continue chasing your own rainbows.
This helmet has countless testing hours and years of development, and ultimately, this adds up to the fastest road helmet we’ve ever tested. We not only took grams out of the drag, but we did it without sacrificing safety. In fact, we switched the construction to favor our Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS that optimizes the foam type in different places. As far as ventilation is concerned, free-flowing air through the helmet not only makes the helmet cooler than ever, but it also decreases aerodynamic drag. Going hand-in-hand with this, ventilation and aerodynamics were both optimized in the Win Tunnel together, making for the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation out there. Now, the exterior vents and interior channels have been carefully considered to make sure that the helmet draws in the maximum amount of air through the helmet for extreme cooling. And the result? The new Evade is just as cool as a bare head with no helmet, making it the coolest aero helmet on the market today.
Through this work, the Evade saves 50 seconds over 40km versus a traditional road helmet and roughly six seconds over the prior iteration of Evade. This means that it's not only as cool as a bare head, but also as fast. For road race helmets, there’s nothing that can match this performance.
Our new ANGi Crash Sensor is also included to give you and your loved ones peace of mind like never before—when combined with our iOS or Android app, the sensor will detect a crash and send a text message to specified contacts in your phone. It also syncs with our app and STRAVA to provide GPS-based activity tracking.
We've teamed up with MIPS researchers to introduce MIPS SL—a new, ultra-light, and supremely comfortable version of MIPS that's available exclusively on Specialized helmets. With MIPS SL, we've essentially integrated MIPS technology within the helmet padding itself. MIPS SL's minimalist "watchband" attachment system provides 10 to 15 millimeters of rotation in every direction and offers the same brain protection benefits as other versions of MIPS, while also ushering in a new level of comfort and weight savings.
- Integrated ANGi crash sensor*.
- Includes a one-year subscription to Specialized Ride Premium app.
- New MIPS SL is the lightest, most ventilated MIPS protection to date and is exclusively available on Specialized helmets.
- Through extensive Win Tunnel development, the Evade is the fastest road helmet we've tested—50 seconds faster over 40km when compared to a traditional road helmet.
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports make it the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation.
- Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy.
- Patented Aramid-Reinforced Skeleton provides internal EPS support to help manage impact energy.
- Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit.
- Gutter Action brow pad design for increased comfort and sweat management.
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water.
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
- Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security.
- Magnetic buckle is simple and secure.
ANGi is a ride tracker. ANGi lets your emergency contacts know you’re heading out for a ride and, if you choose, to follow your ride in real time.
ANGi is a crash detector. Wearing an ANGi-equipped helmet is like having a friend there making sure you’re okay.
ANGi is a safety beacon. If you’re hurt, ANGi alerts your emergency contacts that you’ve crashed and sends them your location.
MIPS x Specialized
|Overexposed / Small||888818515271||60719-0732|
|Overexposed / Medium||888818515257||60719-0733|
|Overexposed / Large||888818515295||60719-0734|
|Underexposed / Small||888818515233||60719-0742|
|Underexposed / Large||888818515288||60719-0744|